Re: [evolution-disc.] Re: Way to finance our Solo2.....

To: "Chuck and Donna #42" <teampointless@britsys.net>,
Subject: Re: [evolution-disc.] Re: Way to finance our Solo2.....
From: "Jay Mitchell" <jemitchelltx@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 08:47:16 -0600
Chuck and Donna #42 wrote:

> I really object to those who don't participate in ProSolo being so willing
> to throw out the baby because he keeps sh** in the bath water!

Well, in case you're mistaking my position, let's get some things cleared up:

I did compete in Pro Solos. From 1989 through 1992, I ran in one to three Pros a
year. I enjoyed the competition format, but I had to reduce the number of events
I ran each year due to having three kids since 1990.
;<)

I don't believe Pro should necesarily be eliminated. However, it IS operated as
a separate activity from Solo2 - different rules, different rulesmakers - and it
should be accounted for as such.

> that is NOT the fault of the program but the FAULT OF THE
> MANAGEMENT!

Well, in the case of Pro Solo, those two are inextricably intertwined. Good luck
getting the problem fixed.

> There is ONLY one reason
> the PS and solo2 program is not profitable much less breaking even: THE
> PEOPLE IN TOPEKA ARE NOT DOING THEIR JOBS!  Start campaigning to throw out
> what REALLY stinks!

Well, I was trying to be ever so slightly more diplomatic myself, but I can't
say that I think you're entirely on the wrong track.
;<)

Jay