Evo Phase I/Phase II at BeaveRun - 7/16-7/17

To: evolution-discussions@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Evo Phase I/Phase II at BeaveRun - 7/16-7/17
From: Rick Shank <rickshank@banklogic.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 13:57:27 -0400 (EDT)
Folks,

We still have a fair bit of spots left for both schools.  Contact me
( rickshank (at) banklogic.net ) for a spot.  Info below:

Hello,

Evolution Performance Driving School
!!! Back at BeaveRun Motorsports Complex !!!

The most renowned autocross school in the country is back at BeaveRun!
Steel
Cities Region will be hosting a double Phase One school on Saturday
7/16/05
and a Phase Two school on Sunday, 7/17/05.

It's the perfect opportunity to tune up your autocross skills before you
head into battle!

Instructors for the school will be National ESP champion Sam Strano,
Pittsburgh's own Larry Fine,two more instructors to be named soon!
Check out http://autocross.com/evolution/ for more information about these
excellent schools.

Schools offered:
(2) Phase One classes on Saturday, 7/16/05
(1) Phase Two class on Sunday, 5/17/05

Both schools are followed by an end-of-day debriefing session with
the instructors.

Location:
BeaveRun Racetrack (on the 6+ acre asphalt Vehicle Dynamics Area).

Instructors:
Sam Strano, Larry Fine, two TBD instructors

Cost:
$225 - Phase One class
$250 - Phase Two class
$450 - Both Days ($25 discount)

Both classes include lunch.

How to Register:
Pre-registration and pre-payment are required. Refunds will not be given,
though we will maintain a waiting list to help you sell your spot if
you're unable to attend. Contact Ricky Shank via email at
rickshank@banklogic.net (preferred) or 724-388-7838 (leave a message if
there is no answer) to register.  Please include name, email address,
phone number, and car make/class/number.  You'll have one week from time
of
registration to send in full payment to confirm your spot.

Registration is limited to 24 students for Saturday's classes and 12
students
for Sunday's class. We expect the school to sell out very quickly, so
don't wait to register.

Come find out why most national champions have taken an Evolution
Performance Driving School!

More Details

Car Requirements:
Your car must pass a standard SCCA technical inspection, have a passenger
seat with proper restraints, and stand up to a day (30 or so runs per day)
of autocrossing. In addition to riding with students, instructors will
also drive student cars.  Please bring car numbers!

Driver Req's:
Driver's must have a valid driver's license and a Snell 90 or newer
helmet.

Two Driver Cars:
Two driver cars are welcome. Please indicate that the car is a two driver
car when you register so that we can ensure the two drivers are split
apart.

Schedule:
Plan on arriving around 7am to get teched, waiver signed, tires changed,
etc. done in preparation for the driver.s meeting and class start at 8am.
We'll break for lunch a little after noon and end for the day (after the
debriefing) around 5pm. This schedule is obviously just a guideline and
may flex somewhat.

Directions to BeaveRun

>From the PA turnpike (76):
Take exit #2 off the PA turnpike onto route 18 North. Follow 18N through
the intersection with 351 (near Koppel). 0.8 miles after crossing 351,
the BeaveRun access road will be on your left. Look for the sign.

>From Rt. 60:
Take the combined PA turnpike & rt. 351 exit. Bear left off the ramp,
following the signs for rt. 315. Turn right onto 351 East. After
approximately two miles, turn left onto rt. 18 N. 0.8 miles after turning
onto rt. 18 N, the BeaveRun access road will be on your left. Look for
the sign.

>From downtown Pittsburgh (approximately 47 miles):
Follow 279 South (the Parkway West) out of the city. 279 S will turn into
rt. 22 at the I79 interchange, then into rt. 60 North at Robinson
Towncentre. Shortly after Robinson Towncentre, take the 60 N fork off to
the left. Note, this is all the 'Parkway West' and is one road (despite
the name changes). You can also just follow the signs to the Pittsburgh
International Airport. From here, follow the 'From Rt. 60' directions
above.