Re: Towing questions

To: autox@pursued-with.net
Subject: Re: Towing questions
From: MWood24020@aol.com
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 00:02:16 EDT
In a message dated 8/15/2005 7:58:37 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
autox@pursued-with.net writes:

Other  issue is that you have the 4L60E transmission, which is the
weak  link in that drivetrain.  If you don't have the factory tow
package, you'll probably want to look at a transmission cooler, temp
gauge, or both.

I forgot to mention, the truck does have the oem tow package, with cooler,
4:10 gears and the class 3/4 hitch, rated at #600 tongue weight. It seems the
weight distributing hitch would be optimal, but since this is a one time use,
I'm hoping I can go with what I have and still be 100% safe.
Mike