RE: Towing questions

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Towing questions
From: "Thomas VandenOever" <tavandy1@airmail.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 13:10:54 -0500
The things you learn about on team.net. I would never have thought about
that!

Would those tire racks that people put on the front of trailers put more
downforce on the tongue (increasing tongue weight) as a corollary to your
point?

>Forgot that with the headwind coming home, it might have  been 90 mph
> airspeed.  I'm  pretty sure the tank slappers were caused by the  8" rear
spoiler
> pushing the  rear of the car and trailer down hard enough to  unload the
> tongue weight.  I made the spoiler detachable after that.
>
> Charlie

Tom VandenOever
3 Neons, 3 Venues (see http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=Venues)