Re: Late Workers

To: "Wentzel" <greendot1@comcast.net>, "adam popp" <raft321@fuse.net>,
Subject: Re: Late Workers
From: "Chuck" <golden1@britsys.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 10:18:39 -0400
Our club's answer is simple: everyone signs up for a worker assignment at
registration. They report to the worker chief for their work assignment and
are checked off (we do worker changes on the fly, our events don't stop).
Anyone who hasn't been checked off is called by name just prior to the start
of their shift. If they haven't reported by 2nd call/10 minutes into the
shift they receive a DNW and no times for the event. We have not had more
than a couple DNWs per season since we've used this system. If you are set
up in such a way that you work immediately after running or vv and don't
break for worker changes, then shame on you, you're asking to have problems
.