Re: radar detector recommendations

To: enno@lsil.com, pnc1@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: radar detector recommendations
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2000 16:23:52 EST
In a message dated 3/1/00 11:34:23 AM Pacific Standard Time, enno@lsil.com
writes:

<<
 I don't WANT false alarms, I am just saying that it's a fair tradeoff -
 the protection part enables you to do some of the bad thing, where the
 false alarm part causes you to do more of the good thing. Overall,
 it improves driving.  >>

I think the false alarms you get from a Passport are just enough to keep you
honest.  I had Derek's Whistler and my Passport hooked up at the same time
and I was laughing at his piece-o'-crap within a mile!  We used his Whistler
as a wheel chock for the MR-2 after that...

I agree the Passport is the best value for the money, but the Valentine is
probably the all round best.

CHD