Re: instructors ---giving rides to newbies

To: jeremybb@leland.Stanford.EDU, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: instructors ---giving rides to newbies
From: Nandaholz@aol.com
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 16:34:11 EST
In a message dated 03/06/2000 1:10:46 PM Pacific Standard Time,
jeremybb@leland.Stanford.EDU writes:

<< Andy McKee and a woman whose name I missed were nice enough to help me get
 couple of rides.  As a rank beginner I found this quite useful.  However it
 is both intimidating to ask people for rides and hard to know whom to ask
 for the best experience, so I would suggest a list alongside the instructor
 list for those willing to offer their passenger seat during their first run.

How about telling people to put a little X or smiley face magnet next to
their number, which would indicate that they would be giving rides to
whomever asks at least for their first two runs. I double entered yesturday
at Mather and gave rides to 5 people (2 of which were my mom and grandpa) out
of a total of  8 runs. I luv giving rides and it the audience/beginners a
whole different perspective on the event, lines, techniques, etc... I will
cut a Smiley face magnet or and cone witha smiley face for the next event,
Nasa or Scca

~Nanda Holz and UFO
Blackn'tan 92' Special Edition 125k smiles
Walnut Creek, CA
CSP-r #836, temporarily #4
Team M Road, C2 Automotive, Dealer Alt, Roebuck, Serious Auto, Racing Beat,
Brainstorm, HardDog, RedLine Synthetics, YaLearnMoreOnStreetTires (Toyo T1S)
Clubs - MCA, BAMA, VROOM
...work like you don't need the $...dance like nobody is watchin...and make
luv like there is no tomorrow...oh yeah, and drive like your arse is on fire
;)
"If you can't drive 90hp fast, 900 ain't gonna help either."  Bob Hall