Re: Fwd: instructors

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fwd: instructors
From: Jeremy Bergsman <jeremybb@leland.Stanford.EDU>
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2000 13:09:37 -0800
Alexander Komlik wrote:

> The guidence was great! Thanks to Derek, I was improving my times in every
> successive run.

I also enjoyed having an instructor run with me (thanks Darren).  Although I
felt his presence psyched me out and I drove worse than usual, this was no
fault of his and his feedback was useful, and when I kicked him out for the
final run things went OK!

Phil Esra wrote:
> I would suggest requiring instructors to work 2 run
> groups.

With such a large # of people, it would seem that instructors might be able
to do more than one person per group if they were spaced out appropriately
in the grid, and they obviously could do more than 1 group.

Andy McKee and a woman whose name I missed were nice enough to help me get a
couple of rides.  As a rank beginner I found this quite useful.  However it
is both intimidating to ask people for rides and hard to know whom to ask
for the best experience, so I would suggest a list alongside the instructor
list for those willing to offer their passenger seat during their first run.

Both lists should have the work/run group of the instructor and a way to
meet up with him or her.
--
Jeremy Bergsman
jeremybb@stanford.edu