A Perfect Day

To: "'ba-autox@autox.team.net'" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>,
Subject: A Perfect Day
From: "Kelly, Katie" <kkelly@spss.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 09:41:28 -0800
I woke up around 9 yesterday, dreading my impending chores of throwing away
or discarding most of my earthly belongings as I move, yet again. As my
Gramma said, "Three moves are as good as a fire."  She was right.

Since I don't have drapes, I awoke to the bright rays of the sun burning my
face through the window. There was just no way I was going to go digging
through closets. I've had three months of rain now. My spirit was soggy and
needed to be dried out.

So, I gave Lucy her bath, escaped from the "Shire," this horrible place that
will soon be but a memory, and we drove out to Mather. I had no idea WHAT I
was going to drive. I just wanted to stand out in the sun in a flat area
with no shade and surround myself with happy people and their toys. Luckily
enough for me, Rick Gould let me drive his very fun Miata. And then, and
then, and THEN Jeff Glorioso let me take a fun-run in his BSP Corvette! That
was such a treat.

There were some signs that I am not innately a Corvette driver. The number
one sign is that I was the first one on the grid.

On the other hand, I think I COULD be a Corvette driver. There was a thread
about a month back when some Corvette drivers started talking about some
incredibly intimate and private feelings they get when they drive a
Corvette. The subject matter was borderline obscene. Okay, now I think I
know what they're talking about.

Anyway, that's all I can really say at this time about Corvette driving, me
being a lady and all. Now I know why Rita Wilsey walks around with such a
grin.

Thanks to Jeff Glorioso for this incredibly eye-opening experience.

Over and out,
Katie K.