Re: To shift, or not to shift??

To: Chris Tweney <cat@pobox.com>, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: To shift, or not to shift??
From: James Creasy <jcre@pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 09:46:01 -0800
i think you answered your own question.  if you are losing more time by
shifting, then dont shift! :)

i have used 1st only a very few times (need third more often actually on my
rx7) where there was a super tight turns.

saturdays course was a 2nd gear course except for the start in my opinion.

if your car is totally dead at low revs, than maybe you will have to.  but i
would guess the tiburon has a bit of torque even at 2.5K.

-james creasy
president, BAPOC www.klio.net/probe
CSP RX7 www.klio.net/rx7
1965 FFR Cobra #1630 www.klio.net/cobra