Re: last weekends AAS test and tune

To: Phil Esra <pesra@yahoo.com>, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: last weekends AAS test and tune
From: "Donald R McKenna" <donbarbmckenna@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 08:09:07 -0800
 Phil,

But your car is still 80 runs "younger". See how much you saved and I'm sure
Nanda didn't enjoy all that "work" :-)

Reminds me of my first autocross, back when some of your folks (not you
folks, YOUR folks) were still in grammer school (now, how's that for "old
geezzer" talk). not bad, huh?

It was a practice and two timed laps affair in a little lot. I first ran my
"high-performance" (95 SAE gross HP) car (0-60 in 11.2 sec, stock was 14.5
sec.) at a 44 second rate and after about um-teen runs got down to 40
seconds. Then one of the regulars goes out on his "sand-bag" run (he'd run
some before I'd gotten there) and turned a 36 second run with a car very
similar to mine but much uglier. You know, things like the rear of the car
was sagging (you cut the springs to get negative camber in that "swing-axel"
car). That was the beginning. That event was in November and by February of
the next year at a "big-time" (NCSCC) event I had all the fast mods
incorporated in my car and by the third or forth event won a 4th place
trophy in a 50 car class. Well, maybe it was 40, or, even possibly, a 20 car
class. Yeah, and we went to the Gay Ninetys Pizza parlor for the trophy
presentation after the event.

        Don