Re: last weekends AAS test and tune

To: Donald R McKenna <donbarbmckenna@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Re: last weekends AAS test and tune
From: Dennis and Sherry Armstrong <Miata@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 15:13:18 -0800
 Now Don
Was that by chance a early Corvair. I owned many myself. all years.
My favorite was a 64 110 H.P. I know the later models handled better.
But the 64 with the Camber Compensator on the rear & the 3/4" sway
bar in the front had just the right amount of oversteer to be fun to drive.

 I can remember cutting a coil on the rear springs to get more negative
camber, also putting more positive caster in the front. The steering was
so slow, 4.5 turns lock to lock, I used to get the cars side ways, let go
of the steering wheel, it would countersteer when you let go. then just
grab the wheel at the right spot to stop. I know many of you are rolling
your eyes. But it worked.

 You see. Your not the only old guy out there.

                                     Dennis Armstrong