Re:Rookies

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re:Rookies
From: Dennis Hale <dhale_510@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2000 13:19:53 -0700 (PDT)
I came through before the Rookie programs. 8-)
Spent 8 years participating in 90+% of the events
before I won a trophy. Ran three cars and three
classes even though lots of folks thought I just
changed the red 510 a lot. 8-)
It never was completed [no photo, made my own, I am
still very proud of that trophy] either. No one
expected me to win I guess. 8-)
Sure didn't give me "king of the hill" fantasies
either.

As an "old timer" I too do not much understand the
Rookie thing, but if it works for them, it works for
me. Like the L classes I guess. There has been little
call for a rookie series within NASA/X but the open
classes are small enough to not be overwhelming either.

=====
Dennis Hale