Re: Needed: 1 205/50-15 tire in Sac....

To: James Creasy <black94pgt@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: Needed: 1 205/50-15 tire in Sac....
From: John Kilpatrick <kilpatri@netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2000 16:02:05 -0700 (PDT)
On Sun, 3 Sep 2000, James Creasy wrote:

> are you talking about a mini-spare?  why cant you drive from sac to home on
> it?  is it damaged?  the other issue is most suggest not using it on an axle
> with an LSD.  HTH,

The tire says you can't drive faster than 50mph on it.  I don't feel
comfortable driving 120 miles where for the overwhelming majority of it
I'll be 15 mph below the limit.  Plus, it's meant to be driven a few
miles, not a couple hundred.

Believe me, when me new tire gets here and I get the free replacement on
the one that is destroyed, I'll get another wheel and carry it as a real
spare.  These mini-wheels suck.

John A. Kilpatrick                                             Network Analyst
kilpatri@netcom.com                             http://www.hypergeek.net/john/
  "That belt is a fashion accessory of Evil!  And Evil is NEVER in fashion!"