RE: Attendance

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Attendance
From: Alberto Fonseca <alberto@TotallyGames.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2000 15:37:09 -0700
I'd have to agree about the walkie-talkies. They do work well for knowing
what's going on but I do think the announcer does need to announce as if
they were using a PA system. It sorta sounded like, "I guess I'll keep
talking, someone's out there right?". Also I didn't hear announcements of
when the next run group should get to grid, etc. which would help things go
a little smoother for us rookies. It definitely worked much better than the
low power fm transmitter that I couldn't get on the radio except for when I
was at the start line. As you can imagine that wasn't very useful. I got
both radio stations on either side of the fm frequency just great tho. :) So
I think if we can't use a PA system for GGF, the walkie-talkies will work
great and it looked like alot of people had them.

Alberto