Nationals update... live from the scene of the crime.

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Nationals update... live from the scene of the crime.
From: "Darren P. Madams" <darren@madams.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 16:17:41 -0700
I've been busy and in and out of the site and haven't been paying that much
attention, but here's what I know.

Weather has been super hot... even last night when we had major thunder
storms with reported baseball sized hail in Lawrence an hour away.  Scotty
White's trailer awning apparently got swept up and did some damage.

ProSolo Finale sucked for me... long story, tell you later...

Kevin blew up the tranny in the Type R on something like his first
run.  But in a borrowed car he won the class and the overall
championship.  They weren't able to get a new tranny in in time so the 3 of
them are borrowing cars for nats.  Navid did extremely well in SM.  2nd I
believe and close to the 1st guy.  They're all worried now!  Andy missed
the class win by a cone and a red light.  Teresa just couldn't put it all
together.  Boris couldn't get in tune with GH's Boxster.  Vernon had a
great left hand run but couldn't find a right side.

In Solo 2 action today, you'll probably see the results but Pete is doing
pretty darn well in GS and Neal Sapp driving his car is leading.  Arie is
in 3rd, about a second behing Holscher.  Chris McKinney is 2nd and close in
CSL.  Derek is I think 2nd in CS.  Jesus is doing awesome in the huge CP
field (like 2nd or 3rd?) and Charlie is quickly learning the car he's
driving.  Kevin, Rod and Katie and all doing fine in GS.  Chris Kannan from
Fresno is leading DP.  Pam is doing pretty well in DPL.

Josh and I have been working on the kart, and he's up to weight now and all
bolts have been checked.  The rest of us are ready to run Thursday/Friday!

Can't think of anything else right now...

More later I promise...

        --D