Report from Arie

To: "'ba-autox@autox.team.net'" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Report from Arie
From: "Kelly, Katie" <kkelly@spss.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 08:48:26 -0700
Arie phoned from Topeka, last night.

"To phone" is not a common verb in the States. I think I first heard it in
Vancouver.

Arie phoned and gave me the run down.

Hoelscher is nervous, he says. Arie .9 from first, and today is the Frank
Stagnaro course. It's fast, with possibly two third gear sections. Capris
like this sort of stuff, and we'll see if Fiats do. Arie's feeling
confident, as he is only .1 out of second, behind a BMW. Yesterday's Karen
Babb north course is the tighter of the two courses, which means that things
can only get better for Arie. All he has to do, he says, "is get Hoelscher
by, oh, 1.5 seconds." Just for security.

In CP news, Jesus broke a control arm on his third, and I believe fastest,
run, but check the results to confirm. This was the run that catipulted him
to third place. Arie said he was flying up to that point, and then labored
through the final turn. CP is well known for its goodsportsmanship, so you
can be sure a gang got together to rebuild this car. Remember, its first
autocross was last summer.

Chris and Pam Kannan are totally elated with their performances in DP and
DPL. Both appear to be having a blast. As today they run on the Karen Babb
course, Arie feels that they'll do even better in their nimble CRX. Arie
thought that the Whitney Miata seemed to be too loose.

Stay tuned...

Katie