RE: Old Age and Treachery

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Old Age and Treachery
From: semclane@earthlink.net (Sterling McLane)
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 19:53:24 -0700
>James Creasy writes...
>
>>what happened to the cobra?  hopefully we get a few >of the new imposters
>up
>>there next year to give him some trouble.
>
>Bad news for this original Cobra. Apparently, the gusts of wind were so
>strong earlier in the week that they blew an awning onto the Cobra.
>Obviously, enough damage was done to prevent the Cobra from competing. Let's
>all send some more good vibes to Bruce Cambern. Did you know that he is the
>last original Cobra owner in the country, possibly the world?
>
>Katie K.

According to my son Rod, the wind flipped Scotty (Bob) White's awning up
and over the top of his trailer, taking with it some of the water filled
barrels that were supposed to hold it down and hurling them through the
air.  One of the barrels came down through the roof of the Cobra's trailer
and trashed the car.  Damage wasn't apparent from outside of the Cobra's
trailer and everyone was sympathizing with White, until Bruce came on site
and opened up his trailer.

* Sterling McLane         *
* semclane@earthlink.net  *