Navid Kahangi trophies in SM!

To: Bay Area Team dot Net <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Navid Kahangi trophies in SM!
From: Rex Tener <rex_tener@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 22:52:49 -0700
Navid Kahangi was one of the great SFR surprises at nationals.

At the Pro Solo he went from mid pack plus to second place on his last two
runs.  I heard a lot of people asking who the guy in the violet M3 was.

On Thursday morning, Navid had a a solid first run on the South course, but
he missed the shift from second to third gear on his second run, which
resulted in him coasting the full length of the longest strait and turning
the same time as his first run!  So, we knew he could do it, and he
did.  On his third run he ripped of a time that put him in second
place  ~.1 after first place Kent Rafferty.

On Friday morning, on his first run, he hit the first right hand apex cone
on the clock, but when he came in the time read "39.X".  Boom, instant
rerun, which he put to good use by not hitting the cone, and by setting one
of the fastest times in SM.  So, he is solidly in first/second place.  His
second run looked tight and he didn't improve (maybe a cone too).  On his
last run, he was going for the win, and the run looked amazing, and so was
his time.  However, he hit the last apex cone before the timer.  The real
bummer is the third place driver pulled out a great run to pass Navid for
second.

        1.  Kent Rafferty       Turbo Supra
        2.  Karl Witt           Camaro
        3.  Navid Kahangi       M3

Okay, I need to get to sleep before the long drive back to the Bay Area,
but I know all you of wanted to hear about SM and for some reason the web
results are MIA.

--
Rex Tener
rex_tener@yahoo.com