Re: M3 BHP?

To: Jim Ochi <jochi@ricochet.net>
Subject: Re: M3 BHP?
From: Kit Wetzler <kitwetzler@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 14:25:19 -0800
> it.  I'm sure Navid would be willing to do the same.  I think you could
> even get Kit to do the same, too.  Results to be posted in a public forum.

Yup.  According to Dynospot racing's Dyno, I've got 223 hp and 222
ft/lbs of torque at the rear wheels, with a dinan intake and a UUC
exhaust.   A flash upgrade might get me 3-5 more, but it might not,
depends on who you talk to.  Cams will probably be another 10.  Headers
don't make power.  A TEC-II will probably get 10-20 over that.  At best
I'd end up with 250 horsepower at the rear wheels... Not very
impressive.

I suspect that there would be some power from a custom individual
throttle body intake manifold, but that's big money.  :/  I suspect that
TC Kline's E36 M3 didn't go to a TEC-II or anything like that.

        -kit