245 or 275 on front?

To: Autocross List <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: 245 or 275 on front?
From: James Creasy <black94pgt@pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2001 22:11:58 -0800
i am about to order new tires, and should i use a 275 front tire, or the 245
width as i ran last year (17" rims).  i can heat up the larger rear tires at
will (also my car has a rear weight bias), but i am concerned about not
getting four 275 size tires hot on my 2100 lb car.  already the tires dont
heat up at our cold sites with just three runs.  (look for me peeling out
and over-driving like crazy on my first runs this season!)

i know, i should use a softer tire than the kumho, but this way i can use
them as regular street tires.

thanks for your ridicule and hushed whispers in advance =)

-james c