Re: 245 or 275 on front?

To: Kirk Meline <KMeline@iscribe.com>,
Subject: Re: 245 or 275 on front?
From: James Creasy <black94pgt@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2001 09:51:45 -0800
> I found that running 245's on a 9 inch wide wheel is
> great if you run very, very high tire temps.

ok, thats what i have 17x9 in front.  but my concern is that the tires are
not getting warm *enough*.

on fun runs where i the tires got warm (and maybe a little softer) i would
drop 1 to 1.5 seconds a run.  thats significant since i am often out of 1st
place by that much.

lack of braking is another problem so more tire in front is more braking
more than anything else.   but i am a lousy judge of speed as i will drive
crappy, the car feels like crap, no traction, no cornering, no braking and i
am a few seconds off TTOD. i dont understand my car.

-james