"objections to bondage"

To: "Kelly, Katie" <kkelly@spss.com>
Subject: "objections to bondage"
From: Rich Urschel <OSP13@attglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 18:54:43 -0800
"Kelly, Katie" wrote:

> I have reviewed the site.
>
> My involuntary reactions follow:
>
> Upon first opening the page (it took a moment to load), I saw,
> "Bondage.com." Interesting enough, I thought. Nice design.
>
> Then came the chick in blue wrapped up in a rope.
>
> I screamed.

Not to pick on my friend Katie, but the lady in blue
that I saw is holding a whip with no rope in sight.

Brooks,
Speaking as but one member of the SFR Steering Committee
who finds nothing "safe, sane, and consensual" objectionable,
I would never vote to allow the words "Bondage.Com" on
one our participants' car for the following reason:

SOED:
Bondage, n. Sadomasochism involving binding, hand cuffs, etc.

That's a hot button. Just consider MTV's refusal to play
one of Madonna's videos with simulated (actually just hinted)
S&M after hawking it for a week. (Don't cry for her, it was her
best seller.)

There are people who object to AUTOCROSSING.
Displaying morally provocative words on our cars would be
tantamount to giving political ammunition to the enemy.

Now I have to go edit my Netscape browser files.
Rich Urschel