SCCA Racers?

To: Patrick Jones <axng4me@yahoo.com>,
Subject: SCCA Racers?
From: John Kelly <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 18:33:51 -0500

Message text written by Patrick Jones

"SCCA RACERS NEED SOLO2 HELP May 19-20!

Now, I've seen the t-shirts about autocross being called road racing if
it were any easier, but as a Solo2 competitor, I've always considered
myself a 'racer'.  I'm curious as to what SCCA Racers are?"

In this instance they, the San Francisco Region's Board of Directors (not
to be confused with the Solo II Steering Committee)--are trying to solve
the problem of staffing two road racing events: A Vintage event at Sears
Point and a Winston West race at Laguna Seca. They need your warm body on a
track turn.
        Seems there is a road race worker shortage in general and
specifically inside San Francisco Region and the BoD cannot figure out why.

        So they are seeking Solo II's help in the short term. I seriously
doubt a long-term solution will be found until some other key issues are
resolved. How much do you want to know?

--John Kelly