Re: numbers

To: Patrick Jones <axng4me@yahoo.com>, "Talley, Brooks"
Subject: Re: numbers
From: "Donald R McKenna" <donbarbmckenna@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2001 19:31:23 -0800
Patrick wrote:

>If distributing numbers is easy, then it would be a nice service for
>the region to provide.  Since all the competitors are members, however,
>everyone knows they need numbers and should come prepared.  This is
>just one of those things that are/is too easy to do at home before the
>race.

I think we (who are in-the-know) need to help everyone we can, who's running
SFR SCCA events (couldn't hurt other series, either), understand the value
of "popping" for legal 8"+ numbers, with class designators, for both sides
of their cars as quickly as they can. I think we're all "tolerant" of the
SCCA-registration-issue paper numbers for an event or two but, REAL numbers
are SOOOO much easier for everyone to see whether it be at the start or on
the course. And Patrisk'earlier post is accurate, go buy some contact paper
at Rite AId or Longs and cut out some numbers before you come out.

        Don