Re: numbers and class letters

To: "Rich Urschel" <0SP13@attglobal.net>
Subject: Re: numbers and class letters
From: "Kevin Stevens" <Kevin_Stevens@Bigfoot.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2001 20:03:15 -0800
> Kevin Stevens wrote:
>
> > Rookie-STS
> > Rookie-Street Tire
>
> Kevin makes an excellent point about the multitude of
> classes, but for the record, the above two examples
> are not valid classifications -- even if one calls them
> "Novice" instead of "Rookie".
>
> Rich Urschel

I seem to recall something mentioned about this - was it the issue that the
STS class was already running on a "street tire" index, and it wouldn't be
right to compare that to the other race-tire indices?  But that wouldn't apply
to Street Tire, and I thought we'd had some rookies run Street Tire in the
past, as they weren't able to commit to a single car for the series.  At any
rate, I don't see anything specifically in the rules to prevent either one, or
am I missing something?

KeS