Re: Question...

To: "kirk" <kmeline@fastpointcom.com>
Subject: Re: Question...
From: "Scot Zediker" <roadsterboy@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 15:07:08 -0800
What I now know is that I can replace my broken mounts with any substitute
mount, but not use any lateral member between them.  So, I can use the
reinforced braces from Mazda Competition.

Trouble with those is they require modification to the lower radiator mounts
to fit.  I don't want to mess with that, so I just ordered another OE set of
mounts from Oak Tree Mazda.  Turns out I know a little more about my car
than Oak Tree's parts jockey; he was trying to sell me the brackets that
hold the sway bar on!  Good thing someone on the Miataforum gave me the part
numbers.

So, it looks like I will probably have my car fixed by next weekend.

Scot

P.S.  I also got a message from someone telling me this is also a problem
common to another Mazda popular with autocrossers.
P.P.S.  Guess I gotta quit making fun of MR2 owners breaking swaybar mounts
now!