Re: Annual Tech Inspection

To: Smokerbros@aol.com, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Annual Tech Inspection
From: "Rob Weinstock" <weinstro@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2001 21:31:12
>It appears that the SEB may be considering allowing Regions to have a
>program
>for annual tech inspections.  I'd like input as to what we need to be
>cautious about and also how such a proposal should be worded to allow
>different regions to apply it differently given their specific needs...

I think it would be a nice convenience for running an event.

However, we need to recognize that for a lot of folks, their autox vehicle
is also a daily driver, or at least driven on the street quite a bit.
Therefore, the tech inspection is kind of a last chance opportunity to
perform a safety inspection on a car that sees wear outside of the autox
events, and hence can change condition from event to event.

Most of us, I think, maintain their vehicels fairly diligently, but some
things can be missed or not noticed in time.

Regards,

Rob Weinstock