acceptable alignment tolerances?

To: Navid Kahangi <navid@interwoven.com>, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: acceptable alignment tolerances?
From: James Creasy <black94pgt@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 14:39:57 -0800
(sorry if this shows up twice, my posts do not seem to be getting to the
list)

my desired caster was 3.5 degrees.  the alignment place said the closest
they could get it was 3.0 on one side and 3.7 on the other.  other shops
have had no problem, and this is well within the adjustments on my car.

i think i want to go and tell them that this is not good enough (as my car
felt terrible sunday), but i want to make sure that a normal shop should be
able to do better than this.

i paid $85 for this two wheel alignment at Auto Options in berkeley.

thanks,

-james creasy