How to hold car off ground and keep suspension loaded?

To: BA-AUTOX@autox.team.net
Subject: How to hold car off ground and keep suspension loaded?
From: adozzell@sc9.intel.com (TONY OZZELLO P802 AWS)
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 07:52:47 -0700
Hey all,

Sorry for the long subject line :)
I'm wanting to measure accurately the location of all hte pivot
points in the suspension of my 96 Firebird in order to try out
some suspension design software. I believe I've seen stands for
Formula cars that mount in place of the wheels and keep the car
high off the ground so you can work underneath and get reliable
data. Is there a comparable product for a heavier car like my
Firebird? Would it damage the hubs at all to simply place a
jackstand under each hub as an option? Any of you BP/CP guys
have ideas on this?

With the impending birth of my first child, it looks like I'll
be spending more time with the computer and less time on the
track so I might as well get something useful done! Hopefully
I can have the car ready in time for him to learn to drive ;)

Thanks,

Tony

96 Formula WS6
#23 ESP