Speaking of Honda's and New Engines...

To: <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Speaking of Honda's and New Engines...
From: "Debbie Cunningham" <bartsmom@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 19:53:03 -0700
Hi folks, tend to lurk more than speak, but I have a question for you...

My 1988 Honda CRX (bought new) rolled over to 222,222 miles today.  Body is
clean with NO  rust.  Engine is running great but I think that I might blow
it up autocrossing it.  Interior could stand to be ripped out (10 years
worth of carting around a 97 pound Chocolate Labrador Retriever  ;~).
Drives like a kart...could be a fantastic ax'er (IMHO)!

I'm thinking of exploring the possiblility of turning this car into a
dedicated autocrosser.  Unfortunately, I like to delude myself into thinking
that I know how to drive cars :),  but know diddly about working on
them...Anybody have any ideas on how much it might cost me to make this car
into the race car it DESERVES to be?  And who I might approach with this
project?

Thanks so much for any advice!

Debbie
'88 Honda CRZ