Re: First event, can't wait for the next...

To: <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: First event, can't wait for the next...
From: "The Brain7" <the_brain7@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2001 23:58:46 -0700
Scot,
HJC CL5 helmet...is that a brand of helmet? I have a convertible and plan on
running it with the top down. I don't mind getting something close to $200.
I might end up using it for motorcycle riding.

Pat Kelly,
>It would be nice if you'd stick with the same number. It shortens the
>scorer's job (me!).
I do want to stick with a number, but I was using masking tape for my
numbers today and didn't use the numbers i wanted because of time. I want to
use the numbers 624. I hope it isn't already taken...
>Did you stick around for the fun runs at the end?
No, not today. I wanted to but I had other engagements. Hopefully, with
better planning, I'll be able to block out an entire day for autoxing.
>What tire pressure did you run? Sounds like it might have been low.
>Smoothness (little tire squeal) helps the tires last longer, too.
I ran 40psi all around. Someone took a look at my tires (I missed his name)
and he thought I was just about right. I was using the entire thread surface
and not much more. He suggested dropping a pound or two in the rear or
adding the same in the front.

Randall,
> It's rare you'll find a novice who points to themselves as a driver
> when asked what needs to be improved.
:-) I even sucked at Gran Turismo. My car is the best-handling vehicle I've
ever driven, maybe with the possible exception of my bro-in-law's 530i. I
can't blame the car when I've never put her through this kind of treatment
before. Give me a few more months though. I'll get cocky too. :-)
> Also, pick up a copy of "Secret's of Solo" from a book store. There's
> some good driving technique stuff in there, if it can be applied it'll
> take seconds off your time.
Thanks! I'll look for it.
> This book will get you thinking the right way, the hard part is
> thinking (applying it) while going through a slalom
I'll second that. I had read quite a bit before getting on the course today,
but most of it was out of my mind while I was running...

Kevin,
> Well, I haven't worn my "Race Car Slut" shirt yet, so if your 318 drives
> anything like an M3 I'll be glad to hop in.  ;)
You're hilarious. It's nowhere near 240hp, but it still handles like a BMW.
:-)
> Cheap HJC *if* you only plan to use it for autocross.  If you're
interested in
> open track events the open-face "M" rated helmets are often not allowed,
and I
> don't recommend open-face helmets for motorcycle use, either.
Hhmm, so the auto helmets(closed face) are automatically ok for motorcycle
use?

Thanks again  for the response, comments and advice everyone.

-Arnold