Re: New rule??????

To: lollipop@ricochet.net
Subject: Re: New rule??????
From: Rich Urschel <OSP13@attglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 17:05:20 -0700
Pat Kelly wrote:

> Ray,
>         In theory, it's the responsibility for a competitor to correctly
> classify his/her car.

In theory, the competitor is supposed to have the correct
class on their car and tech inspection is supposed to check
it. Failing this, there is little way for a competitor to
know who is actually running in his/her class, especially
with 40+ cars in the run group including many from out
of town.

> I'm assuming Rick and Chris ran in the correct group for ASP, and A Modified
> (all mods).

They did.

> It's really not the job of the event administrators to class a car after it
>has
> run, but the job of the competitors in the affected class(es) to file a
>protest.

In SFR this sort of misclassification can be protested by
any one earning points in that class at any event during
the season up to one week after the publication of the
results of the final event of the season. It's not clear
to me whether this SFR supp (#14) is adopted by the
Sacramento Chapter. I can say from personal experience
that Ray, especially, tries to keep the season standings
free from error.

>         I suspect they ran in ASP because it was more convenient for them.

How inconvenient can it be to write "WRG" on the entry card?
Frankly, I'm embarrassed by this type of insensitive behavior
from a visiting SFR Steering Committee member. If for some
reason they really wanted to score points in SOME class,
they could have legally chosen AP (and won).

FWIW, I think the Fresno chapter has it right. Season points
go only to chapter members and others who make it known
they wish to compete in the season's standings.

Rich Urschel (a resident of Placerville come 8/20)