Sophisticated radar (was Re: Random question: CHP Mustang)

To: Eljssp8@aol.com, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Sophisticated radar (was Re: Random question: CHP Mustang)
From: "Clifford Richardson" <the_brain7@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2001 12:07:47 -0700
>From: Eljssp8@aol.com
>To: the_brain7@hotmail.com, ba-autox@autox.team.net
>Subject: Re: Random question: CHP Mustang
>Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 11:37:12 EDT
>
>In a message dated 07/26/2001 11:51:49 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
>the_brain7@hotmail.com writes:
>
><< Yup. And they don't do that only in mustangs. One miraculously appeared
>  behind me out of thin air...I blinked and there it was. I was on the 5
>  freeway, in the middle of nowhere b/w Stockton and L.A...and I was doing
>  100mph+...
>
>  -Arnold (investing in technology to detect patrol cars a mile away)
>   >>

>Yeah.........AND? :>)
>
>Eric (Anxious in S.F.) Cheung

Familiar with the Battletech Universe? The system I'm fantasizing about is a
radar screen similar to the ones in the Mechs using a satellite uplink.
Bogeys are all in red, whether in the air or on the ground. All other
vehicles come up green. Toggling the targeting button cycles through all the
red blips giving a 3D diagram of the said bogey with its elevation and
approximate distance from my current position. The system works in
pitch-black (of course) and dense fog, but its effective max range (5 mi.
radius) is reduced in heavy rain and snow, which is fine since you'd be a
fool to be exceeding safe speeds in such conditions anyway. Theoretically,
you'd be able to drive in pitch-black relying solely on your HUD.

Anyone like my fantasy? Of course, jump jets are optional. Quite effective
in performing the often suicidal but awesome DFA move.

-Arnold (They never saw me coming...)
"Gee, Brain. What are we going to do tonight?"
"Same thing we do every night, Pinky. Try and take over the world!"