RE: PA system

To: "James Creasy" <black94pgt@pacbell.net>, <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: PA system
From: "Scott Loughmiller" <scott@radiate.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 13:20:34 -0800
Since we do so many events at GGF, maybe we should come up with a system to
help people realize what's going on.  Even with the PA it's sometimes hard
to hear, I almost missed my workgroup at Oakland last time because I didn't
hear it announced.

Anyway, since everyone seems to be in the mood to brainstorm, here's my
idea.  Assign colors to the different run groups, and then wave colored
flags around, or maybe even have someone run around the parking lot with the
colored flags, to call the workers up, and to let drivers know it's time to
get their car to the grid.

The drawback is that people need to be paying attention somewhat, and if
they are they would probably hear the yell for workers, so I'm not sure how
much it would help.

I guess you could put a flag stand on the trailer, so you could glance up
every so often and see if your color was up.

Just thinking out loud.

-Scott