Re: Informal Poll on "sort of" pre-reg. for autox !

To: Toy4speed@aol.com, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Informal Poll on "sort of" pre-reg. for autox !
From: craig boyle <craig_autox@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2001 10:34:53 -0800 (PST)
Saftey/Liability should be #1

There are lots of legitimate scenarios where people
are onsite without waivers being signed. R2W4 people
avoiding the early reg rush is one example.

It's due diligence to put a waiver person at the gate
instead of the reg table. If "something" happens we
would look negligent compared to other local autox
events.

Craig

--- Toy4speed@aol.com wrote:
> My gosh, this has taken on a life of it's own.
> Kinda like the mold in my
> shower.
> Why are we talking about signing waivers at the
> property entry site ?
> Although a nice idea, Mather and Nasa does it.  It's
> certainly not the
> rate-limiting step of the registration process.  If
> individuals are on site
> and not signing the waiver then yes, this is a good
> solution.  If afternoon
> drivers are unable to simply walk up to the reg.
> table and sign the waiver
> and get a wristband, well, we have lots of boxes of
> wristbands and waivers on
> clipboards.  I could easily place a set aside from
> the line of registrants.
>
> We may not be able to afford a separate person just
> to get waivers at the
> gate. That would be 8 people per day, or at least 4
> per day if we go unmanned
> the second half of the day.  Manpower being as is,
> I'd favor leaving waivers
> as is.
>
> Don
Find a job, post your resume.