Course design

To: Randy Noll <rnoll98@yahoo.com>
Subject: Course design
From: Rich Urschel <OSP13@attglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2001 17:45:55 -0800
I thought Sunday's course was one of the more
interesting one's I've run in a while. If that was
your first attempt - excellent job.

However, I do think the finish was potentially
unsafe. When lined up properly, I could power
completely through the final slalom. When I
did that on my first run I couldn't stop before the
left hander after the lights. If I had tried to fly
that corner and got it wrong the rear of
my car would have ended up right where
the timing slip person was SITTING in a
chair. There are other cars such as Formula
Fords (unlikely to show up at GGF) that would
have even more of a problem.

Rich Urschel

Ps. Timing slip people are as much at risk as
any other course worker. They should never sit
nor lose track of the next car.