Re: Tech on Grid -- Fuel to the Fire

To: "Randy Noll" <rnoll98@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: Tech on Grid -- Fuel to the Fire
From: "Jerry Mouton" <jerry@moutons.org>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 17:47:43 -0800
Randy,

3COM is in a worse neighborhood.  And we get some
pretty strange people wandering through GGF, too.  I heard
some of our most experienced event chairs say they would
not subject workers to the risk; I agree.  It's not a risk of
getting run over, but getting mugged or worse.

We're not using the standards they use at Sacramento.
Some of the worst complaints I have heard autocrossing
were about standing for two hours in the sun at Mather.
We don't want to do that to our workers.  Trust me, most of
us would not happily work an extra 30 minutes if that's what
it took.

I agree we have enough workers to do what's necessary
(most run groups).

Did you have a tech problem holding up the event Sunday?

Jerry

Jerry Mouton        mailto:jerry@moutons.org    Laissez les bons temps
rouler!