Re: Lack of course workers

To: Adam Steffes <asteffes@asteffes.com>
Subject: Re: Lack of course workers
From: Kevin Stevens <Kevin_Stevens@pursued-with.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 12:15:08 -0800 (PST)
On Tue, 13 Nov 2001, Adam Steffes wrote:

> Cheryl,
>
> Licenses are impounded for helmet loaners (well, usually, anyway).  Why
> wouldn't that work for run groups, too?

I'm personally not entirely comfortable with assuming responsibility for
collecting and storing legal documents such as driver's licenses in the
first place.  Doing it for 300 people sounds like a recipe for misery.  I
wouldn't be happy about it as a worker, either.

"To run the event, you have to work a run group."

  "Ok, no problem."

"And to work the run group, you have to give one of your most important
pieces of documentation into the highly motivated hands of another run
group worker, where it will be thrown in a box along with 35 others.
Theoretically it will still be there at the end of the run group if you
remember to pick it up."

  "Uhh...."

> We're not trying to armchair quarterback here...   I'm not trying to tell
> other people how to run the program, just offering an idea.
>
>       -Adam

Not sure I grasp your distinction?

KeS