Re: LIVE WITH THE ACE REPORTER

To: "David Rowney" <daver@uclink4.berkeley.edu>
Subject: Re: LIVE WITH THE ACE REPORTER
From: "Anthony Tabacco" <atabacco@california.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 17:10:21 -0800
The 444 was a fine car. I took a 444 and $250 in trade for my TR-4A when I
got out of the Army and went to Berkeley. I made the deal about two days
before the $212.50 first quarter tuition was due. The guy paid me the first
half, $125,  which was enough to put me over the top. Some months later (and
when he hadn't paid the last $125) some one came by and burned his other 4
(not an A) right there in the street during the night. It absolutely was not
me, but he came by the next day to square the debt.  Honest, it really was
not me. I rarely moved it in four years  because I had a street parking
space in Berkeley, and they are not easy to come by and not easily
replaceable when lost. It  had one of those neat little venetian blind
radiator shrouds with a little pull chain to a knob on the dash,  the right
door latch did not work so you had to reach over and hold it during left
turns, and it was the car I met my wife in.
Tony