HS Star Retiring.

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: HS Star Retiring.
From: Jake Hodges <jake@codeworm.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 09:10:16 -0800
San Jose, CA.

Jake Hodges, former star of the local HS scene has announced his retirement
from the class today.  After a strong run last season in the class and much
to the disappointment of the throngs of admirers of his body-rolling
antics, he's decided to sell his little black Sol to move on to other
challenges.

The announcement came Wednesday, just a few hours after Hodges completed
the last college final exam for his bachelors degree, and minutes after
signing paperwork for a new car.

Hodges immediately dismissed speculation that he's leaving HS after being
trounced by the up-and-coming Dan in his crappy 93 Prelude S at the last
event saying, "Dan's a great guy, and a great driver.  It's good to know
that there's someone in the class to keep Alan and Stan on their toes.  I
hope to see a lot more of Jieve too.  He's a really nice guy, and will fit
into the mix perfectly."

The new car, an Absolutely Red 2001 Toyota MR2 Spyder, will force Hodges
into one of a few new classes like CS or Street Tire, although he hasn't
decided which will be most appropriate give his current level of skill with
cars that actually turn and stop.  Unable to go back to Novice where he
truly belongs, Hodges has resigned himself to at least a year of
"sucking".  "I keep turning in 100 feet too early for corners and having to
turn back out and back in again.  And the brakes.. Lets just say they have
a substantially less progressive feel than the Honda's.  I'll miss being
competitive."