atwater details

To: "Autox (E-mail)" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: atwater details
From: "Tibbals, Paul" <PHT1@pge.com>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 17:47:12 -0700
James said,
"....why you were didnt do better in the results im not sure, unless there was a
spot later in the course where they broasted you."

LOL!  :D  I think that Peter has some of it, getting that mega-wide-jelly-bean
through tight transitions really meant that I had to take off a lot of speed.
The rest of the "broasting", I suspect, was speed maintenance in the two big
Sunday right hander turnarounds.  I'm just not good yet at hitting and keeping
a high g-load through those, though it's something I think I did better on
Saturday.   As far a getting it down on the slaloms/ straighter parts the car
couldn't have been happier, sitting above 4000 with the secondaries open is
/max fun time/ on that motor and I'm told that it sounds good there too.
Though I drove comparatively better on Saturday, in the dry Sunday speeds were
higher and I actually rev-limited a couple of times in 2nd, which is (hmmm,
Falkens 24.9 diameter vs. Dunlops 25.6, clickety click) roughly 68-70 MPH?
Fastest I've ever gone on a dedicated autocross course.

PaulT
p.s. Anyone, how much improvement could one expect from adjusting tire
weighting?  Any drawbacks?  Does it affect street behavior?