Re: sucking; was: blowdrying

To: "Richard Urschel" <osp13@mybluelight.com>, <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: sucking; was: blowdrying
From: "Dennis & Sherry Armstrong" <Miata@pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 07:54:21 -0700
Reminds me of the Chaparral J2 that Jim Hall Campaigned in 1970 for the
Can Am Series. The original Ground Effects vehicle. It had 2 two stroke
engines mounted in the back turning 2 fans that sucked the car to the
ground.
There were skirts that sealed the sides & back of the car, Including the
rear
tires.

 Drivers complained that the fans kicked back rocks & gravel from the road.
It was outlawed the following year. Making Jim Hall very angry.

I know that Me & Dirk Edwards saw this fantastic car set a lap record at
Laguna Seca, Only to have it throw a rod in practice & not compete in the
race.

                                          Dennis

Visions of James blinding all the course workers at GGF with thrown gravel.

 Rich

 Sign up for Internet Service under $10 dollars a month, at
http://isp.BlueLight.com