Re: sucking; was: blowdrying

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: sucking; was: blowdrying
From: Sethracer@aol.com
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 01:38:35 EDT
In a message dated 5/15/2003 8:01:56 AM Pacific Standard Time,
Miata@pacbell.net writes:

> I know that Me &Dirk Edwards saw this fantastic car set a lap record at
> Laguna Seca, Only to have it throw a rod in practice &not compete in the
> race.
>
>                      Dennis

It didn't just throw a rod. As I recall, it threw a rod on one of the JAP
(Brand Name) motorcycle motors powering the fans. And it did it in the middle
of a corner. No Sucky, No Cornering! - Off it went and then couldn't be
repaired for the race. I sat up before the (then) turn 6 when the cars would
come roaring up the hill. The 494" Aluminum Big Block Chevy in the 2J could
not be heard over the blatting motorcycle motors running full tilt to hold
the car down. Just a rumble in the background! Really strange! - Seth Emerson