RE: Candlestick Thanx... (Marina food)

To: "David Ireland" <david@labyrinthsoft.com>, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Candlestick Thanx... (Marina food)
From: "John F. Kelly Jr." <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 13:26:45 -0400

Message text written by "David Ireland"

" For the corvette only autocross at Marina last Sunday (61 car event) they
brought out over 25 sandwhiches.   We had the menu tickets at registration,
the restaurant guy picked them up at 10:30, and delivered at 12:00.
Everybody was pleased with the service/quality.

David"

Wonderful. It didn't work that way last time I was there for an SCCA event.
Maybe because we had slightly over 190 cars? Maybe because we arrived just
before registration closed at noon. (We were running in the eighth group.)
There was no sign of a "restaurant guy."  We did hear some tales about an
alleged "restaurant guy" rejecting the idea of making a trip back to the
cafe because he didn't have enough orders.

        If the man is going to service the account, he has to do the whole
thing, IMHO.
'Cause if he doesn't then people like me will think and say unkind things
about his business.

        It was also upsetting to me at that event to discover the Snax 5th
Avenue Food Coach was on the premises at the go-kart track only none of us
was made aware of it. It was a short walk over to the go-kart track. If the
people running the show, i.e. Marina Motorsports and their representative
"Nick," don't (or can't)  understand how all of this works, we'll have to
figure out another way. We are their customers.

        All of the people who have had to deal with the City of Marina
Council, the Mayor, the Airpoert management, the departed Hiller Helicopter
Co., and Marina Motorsports fully understand the hoops we all jump through
to use the site.

        It will be Jack in the Box for me at Marina next Sunday.

--John Kelly