Re: Sunday's turnout

To: "John F. Kelly Jr." <76067.1750@compuserve.com>, ba-autox@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: Sunday's turnout
From: "John F. Kelly Jr." <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 13:57:47 -0400

Message text written by "Jesus Villarreal"

"Is that smoother as in "more slippery", 'cause Oakland is definitely
bumpier
than Marina or Castle, and it's not as grippy either. IMHO  ;^)))

Jesus"

Oakland hasn't been "slippery" since the slurry coat wore in, i.e. at least
two-three years ago.
It has some rolling hills but I don't see it as bumpy.
If you want bumpy, try Candlestick or Topeka.
        The surface at each site is part of the challenge of driving it. At
some you get extreme tire wear, like Castle and Crows Landing when we used
to run there. And also Mather before it "wore" in.
        Then there were those helicopter pads at McClellan. Those were
GRIPPY and tore tires to shreds until Harlod Olsen came up with the idea of
dragging concrete blocks around the course.
--John Kelly