Re: Miatas & Konis?

To: Phil Esra <pesra@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Miatas & Konis?
From: Dan Williamson <muyrapido@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 11:27:59 -0700 (PDT)
Hey Phil,

Depending on which shocks you have on your car now, depends on the ride.  If
your car has the
normal OEM shocks, then the Koni's set at full soft should be very similar.
Now if you have a car
that is equipped with the Sport suspension and Bilstein shocks then the Koni's
would be softer at
full soft than the Bilsteins.

For autox- just tighten them up to full hard or near depending on the surface,
and they should
work great, then back to soft or slightly harder for the street.  Durabilty
shouldn't be a problem
either, and if they do ever leak.. thats what the Koni warranty is for.

If you are not going to Auto-x all that much, then you might want to check out
the KYB AGX,
cheaper but not near the Koni quality.  But would be fine for street.

Good luck!!!

Dan Williamson
99 Miata Sport
(I have custom adjustable Bilsteins)