RE: antidive

To: "James Creasy" <james@thevenom.net>,
Subject: RE: antidive
From: "Rick Brown" <rbrown7@covad.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 22:17:55 -0700
Antidive impacts brake balance during the transient period at the onset of
braking.  Steady state, it doesn't impact brake balance.  It's analgous to
how shocks can effect understeer/oversteer during yaw transients but don't
have an effect in steady state handling.

Setting up a race car involves alot of compromises.  The endpoints of 0% or
100% antidive aren't optimum but some point in between is.  Depends on car,
driver, track, course, etc.
-- Rick Brown