Round 1 results, and defending against cone calls

To: "Pat Kelly" <lollipop487@comcast.net>
Subject: Round 1 results, and defending against cone calls
From: "PAUL TIBBALS" <pault151@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2004 16:36:47 -0800
Hi Pat,
I finally found the results there...I had loaded the bogus placeholder page
the day before and my machine had cached it.  I finally remembered that and
told it to "reload all" and there it was.  Thanks as always for the Web
results!

For what it's worth, it shows a cone on my otherwise decent second run.  I
didn't remember hitting one, though I know I was at least close to one.  I
suppose that I cannot guarantee that I will hear it from the PA, and maybe the
finish line timeslip worker didn't hear it called in?  He sure knew when I
knocked over several on my last run.  Ed, who I was running close against
didn't apparently hear it, though most cones don't get announced over the
PA....  (And for what it's worth, he and I had the same first run time to
0.001!)

You see, not knowing I had been marked as having coned, I went for the
spin-or-win on the last run and multi-coned.  How does one protect against the
random or late cone call, at least in terms of finding out whether you've got
one or not??

So if you (or anyone) can offer any tips from your experience as to how I
should tell if I have any cones or not, I would appreciate it.
PaulT