How accurate are our timers?

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net, "Richard Urschel" <osp13@mybluelight.com>
Subject: How accurate are our timers?
From: John Kelly <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 19:55:50 -0400

Message text written by "Richard Urschel"

"So, does anyone know if our timing systems confirm a double trip at the
start and finish or do they just accept what they get while rejecting any
additional trips for a half second or so afterwards? Are the lights even
capable of resetting and retripping in two tenths of a second?"

I can't offer a specific answer to your question. But if there was a second
trip at the finish line it would post/display a time based on the start
time of the vehicle behind you, i.e. something considerably less than a lap
of the full course.

--John Kelly